How to find a reliable taxi company in St Petersburg and with good reviews?
What destinations in Saint-Petersburg I can book with St Petersburg Taxi?
Can I book a luxury VIP car as a taxi for my transfers in St Petersburg?
How much is the taxi cost from Pulkovo Airport in St Petersburg, Russia?
Fixed taxi price in St Petersburg - any extra charges?
All prices for the taxi in St Petersburg
are strictly fixed and provided in advance. Our transfer service is covering the Central
District of Saint-Petersburg, Petrogradsky
Island. There will be an extra surcharge applicable in the event of booking the ride to the distant areas.
Normally we'll include 1 hour of waiting time at Pulkovo airport. We might ask for the compensation of extra waiting time and a parking fee if the flight is delayed or lost luggage case.
How to find an appropriate transfer from or to Pulkovo airport in St Petersburg?
How long does the taxi take to get from St Petersburg Pulkovo airport to the city center?
Pulkovo airport taxi transfer in St Petersburg
could take anything from 25 minutes to 1,5 hours:
- 50 min to 1 h 20 min - during the rush hours in the morning and in the evening
- 35 min - 40 min - during the off pick hours during the day
- 25 min - 30 min - during the night or early in the morning
What if my flight to St Petersburg is late or my exit at the airport Pulkovo takes to long?
Kindly check our arrival guidelines for Saint-Petersburg Pulkovo Airport.
Try your utmost best to contact St Petersburg Taxi and inform us if you have any difficulties - our drivers will NEVER leave without our passengers! We will extend the waiting time when necessary. Remember that our drivers are monitoring all flights and most probably will know of the delay. Any extra information will be surely great.
We will be also appreciated if you will offer compensation for a parking fee paid extra by your driver in the event of extra-long exit time.
What is the minimum time to book a transfer in St Petersburg?
St Petersburg Taxi
is locally owned and operating with own cars
. Obviously, we would prefer to receive your booking
as early as possible. You're welcome to send your booking request in any case even it's short notice. Due to the fact that we're not aggregators like most other services and we have our own vehicles, we will try our utmost best to accommodate your reservation. Advanced bookings are highly appreciated!
Will my driver take me to the hotel in St Petersburg?
Yes. The transfer is provided as a single trip to any point within St. Petersburg's central district limits. Taxi and transfer service is covering the Central
and Moskovsky District
of Saint-Petersburg, Petrogradsky
and Vasilyevsky Island.
If you want to book a transfer to your hotel, specify your hotel name and address in the Destination Address field in a booking form
. The driver will take you to the hotel, the price doesn’t depend on its address within the areas served. The driver will also gladly help you to carry your luggage.
There will be an extra surcharge applicable in the event of booking the ride to the distant areas.
How can I book a transfer from or to Pulkovo airport in St Petersburg?
I can't find my route in St Petersburg. What can I do?
In the event you can't find your route in St Petersburg - send a message
to St Petersburg Taxi with all your questions and we will reply as soon as possible. All contact details will be provided in a voucher as well.
How to choose a vehicle type for the transfers in St Petersburg?
At St Petersburg Taxi, the luggage and passenger capacity are shown for each vehicle type in the list of taxi transfers in Saint-Petersburg
. There are also examples of cars
. Do not forget to specify the number of passengers and the number of suitcases.
What if I'm arriving at St Petersburg and traveling with children?
Here at St Petersburg Taxi, we have to consider children as passengers. When you are traveling to Saint-Petersburg with children and booking your transfer, you have to order child seats and your driver will install them for safety purposes. Child seats are required by law for minors under 7 y.o. Child seats will be provided free of charge. Specify your requirement in the Special Instructions field of the booking form
Is it necessary to book a taxi in St Petersburg with child seats?
Kindly remember that it's required by law to have a child seat in Russia if you travel by taxi. In most countries child seats are necessary to transport children, there are penalties for not using child seats. If you don’t order a child seat, the driver has the right to cancel your transfer. In any case, children's safety is more important. Don't forget to mention it while booking your taxi in St Petersburg
. Seats will be provided free of charge!
If I don't know my flight number arriving in St Petersburg?
If you receive information about the flight just before the departure, please specify the city you are flying from in the Flight / Train Number field. We will accept your booking for the taxi in St Petersburg
, but you should inform us about your flight number as soon as you know it via email, WhatsApp or SMS. The contact details will be provided in your booking confirmation.
What pick-up time should I specify arriving in St Petersburg?
For a taxi transfer FROM the airport Pulkovo Saint-Petersburg
please specify your flight number and arrival time according to your ticket. The driver will monitor your arrival according to the flight number. If you are going TO
the airport, subtract from the departure time (specified in your ticket) 3 hours. For example, your departure time is 14:00, then you need to specify a departure time at 11.00 am.
How to specify my address in St Petersburg?
Specify the hotel name or destination address for your St Petersburg taxi. You may copy the hotel address from the hotel voucher. If you don’t know the address, you will have to explain the driver where you’re going. The price for service
is relevant for taxi and transfers at the Central, Admiralteysky and Moskovsky District of Saint-Petersburg, Petrogradsky and Vasilyevsky Islands. There will be an extra surcharge applicable in the event of booking
the ride to the distant areas.
Can I book a return airport taxi transfer in St Petersburg?
How I can make sure that my taxi booking in St Petersburg was accepted?
As soon as you make the booking with St Petersburg taxi
, you will receive a confirmation via an email. Later on, you'll receive a voucher where you can see the booking number and transfer details
. That means that the car has been booked and the driver will meet you at the specified time. If you haven’t received the confirmation email, check your spam box or contact us again. The vouchers are usually sent within 1 hour or so.
Will I be able to change the data in my booking for the taxi service in St Petersburg?
Changing the booking details for taxi transfers in St Petersburg
is easy. Yes, the booking changes will be made for free, preferably no later than one day before the trip. To make changes, send us an email. All contact details will be in your voucher. Changing details while the driver is already at the airport will accrue additional charges.
How to find my taxi driver in St Petersburg?
Can I be sure that the taxi driver will meet me in St Petersburg?
We guarantee that the St Petersburg Taxi driver will do his utmost best to meet you. He will have your phone number, and you will have his phone number too. As soon as you go out of the arrival exit, pay attention to the name signs in front of you and keep your phone switched on. The driver will NEVER be waiting for you outside of the arrival hall
or in the open air in the street. If you don't see your name sign for any reason - the meeting point is near the "Starbucks" at the arrival hall. Very easy to find. Transfer failures are extremely rare.
What if the flight to St Petersburg is delayed?
St Petersburg Taxi
can be contacted at any time of the day. As soon as you know that your flight is delayed, kindly send us a message. You should specify your name and new time of arrival. All contact details will be on your voucher.
What if my flight to St Petersburg is arriving earlier?
If you arrive before the transfer start time, it’s possible that your St Petersburg Taxi driver isn’t there yet. Just follow our guidelines
. Please, stay in the arrival hall of Pulkovo airport and wait for your driver. You may text him saying that you’re waiting for him in the arrival hall. Kindly note that all flights are monitored via the Flight Radar App and all our drivers are usually right on time. In the rare case that you don't see your name sign - the meeting point is near the "Starbucks" at the arrival hall. Very easy to find.
How to contact my driver in St Petersburg?
All contact details for St Petersburg Taxi
will be on your voucher. You're welcome to send your direct phone or WhatsApp number to us. Please, call or text us if your flight is delayed or canceled. It’s possible that the driver doesn’t have enough time to monitor such changes in the airport tracking system. If you don’t find your driver upon arrival, call him or text him saying where you’re waiting for him. We will be appreciated if you can inform us in the event of your luggage was lost and you have to complete the forms at the airport.
What if I can't find my taxi driver in St Petersburg?
Do not worry, our drivers specialize in airport transfers in Saint-Petersburg, and cancellations of meetings are extremely rare. If you don't see your name sign for any reason - the meeting point is near the "Starbucks" at the arrival hall. Very easy to find. In case of an emergency, you're welcome to call or text us.
Does the taxi driver in St Petersburg speak English?
We are advertising an English-speaking taxi service and trying to assign English-speaking taxi drivers in St Petersburg
for all our transfers. Most of the drivers speak English. On some occasions, all English-speaking drivers are fully booked. In that case, you're welcome to ask your driver to call the English-speaking manager if you have something to discuss.
How to pay for taxi and transfer service in St Petersburg?
We accept cash, PayPal and online card payments for St Petersburg Taxi and transfer services:
- Should your booking will be accepted and card payment is chosen - we will send you a payment link together with the confirmation voucher.
- If you chose PayPal - we will send you a voucher and a PayPal payment request.
- You can also choose cash to the driver option, in some cases we will require a 25% card prepayment.
- We accept Roubles, Euros and US Dollars. Please note that we DO NOT ACCEPT the old, marked, stained or torn banknotes.
What payment options for St Petersburg taxi service are available?
St Petersburg Taxi will accept payment via VISA and MasterCard. These are the most secure and convenient ways to pay online. You will be able to make payment ONLY when we will send you a confirmation voucher and a link for secure online payment.
We also accept PayPal and cash on arrival: RUB, EUR, USD. Kindly note that we DO NOT ACCEPT the old, marked, stained or torn banknotes.
How to pay the taxi driver in St Petersburg?
Payment for the taxi in St Petersburg
may be made in the currency specified in the voucher (Rouble, Euro or USD). Please prepare the necessary amount of cash in advance.
When can I change the information in my booking in St Petersburg?
If the booking for your St Petersburg taxi or transfer
is changed, we have to confirm that we can meet you. Send the information to the address that will be indicated in the voucher about the changes as soon as possible. We will assign the driver and send you a new voucher.
Will I get back my pre-payment in case of my St Petersburg Taxi booking cancellation?
Yes, if you cancel your order of St Petersburg taxi or transfer service
not later than 24 hours before the transfer, we will fully refund the pre-payment. If the trip doesn’t take place because of our mistake, the prepayment will also be refunded.
Is the fixed price for St Petersburg taxi per car or per passenger?
How much extra do I have to pay for a child seat at the taxi in St Petersburg?
What if the price on my St Petersburg taxi voucher is incorrect?
Sometimes our office is very busy. Saturdays and Sundays - all the time. Kindly excuse us if our office assistant will paste a wrong figure into the voucher. We will always correct it shortly.
Should I pay for waiting time by St Petersburg Taxi at Pulkovo airport?
The St Petersburg taxi
driver monitors your arrival time according to your flight number. If the flight is late, he will arrive at the airport later, usually 20-25 minutes after the actual landing time. The usual waiting time included in the tariff is 1 hour. It's usually enough for everything. On rare occasions we have long queues or lost luggage. Kindly text us if you feel that your exit will be taking longer than usual. We will also appreciate if you will offer a parking cost and driver's time compensation to your driver should your exit will take longer than 1 hour. 10 EUR per hour will be highly appreciated.
How much time does it take to receive the St Petersburg Taxi transfer confirmation?
St Petersburg Taxi usually sends a confirmation within 1 hour or so, often - 15-20 min. You will receive a confirmation voucher if we can perform your transfer. We are not an aggregator and we don't have to look for the vehicle all over the world. As we a locally owned operator - we have our own vehicles. It's easy to confirm fast.
How is the St Petersburg Taxi transfer request processed?
As soon as we receive a booking request for St Petersburg Taxi
transfer, our support manager will check it and send you a confirmation voucher. Link for secure online payment will be attached should you prefer a card payment. If we can’t find the necessary vehicle, we will inform you.
I want to use a Taxi App in St Petersburg and around Russia, any detailed information or hints?
As you've probably heard or read - many Russians are using some taxi apps in order to get around the city. Someone will suggest a specific company because of the pleasant experience, some that they've traveled many times and accumulated good bonus miles, some just because the price is very low. Generally, the trips are relatively cheap but there are few cons and pros to know about.
- Yandex Taxi is a software company and transportation services aggregator. Seeking personal attention is useless as you'll not get any.
- Yandex Taxi App is a fast way of getting a car to your door, just make sure that your smartphone is having an internet connection and figure out how the App works.
- Yandex Taxi and Uber have merged in Russia, therefore don't be surprised when you will get an Uber branded vehicle after ordering the service from the Yandex Taxi App. It's also normal in Russia that the driver will subscribe to several aggregators. Here comes the problem that he will work around the clock to make a living and save on proper rest or sleep.
- Always keep in mind that often (50/50 chance) you will be driven by amateur fellow, who have subscribed to several aggregators (Yandex, Uber, Gett, Bolt, Vezet) and merely giving you a lift in order to get an extra buck on the way home from his work or during the weekend. Many guys from the Eastern republics are sharing a car and even the driver's license.
- The ride prices may vary, depending on the time of the day, traffic conditions, day of the week, weather, etc. One can pay for the ride 300 RUB and come back for 700 RUB for the same distance.
- There are no or almost no English-speaking drivers which will be sent to you by Yandex or another aggregator. Make sure you enter correct pick-up and the destination addresses as the drivers can read Latin letters though.
- Before ordering: it's very important to consider the number of passengers and luggage. Many cars are small and having a child seat in the trunk. Some will end up holding a suitcase on their knees.
- Many drivers are coming from small towns of former Eastern Soviet republics and their driving habits are way below perfect. We're also strongly suggesting not to involve in any argument with them.
- Be prepared to end up in a car that smells like an ashtray from time to time. Many drivers smoke and not hesitating of doing so in their cars, thinking that 10 minutes with the windows open will help get rid of the smell, which is actually terrible.
- Do yourself a favor and don't take the cheapest vehicle option. Comfort or business class will bring you a much better experience and will have a good chance of not spoiling your stay in Russia.
- Some bank cards may not work with taxi apps. Have cash on hand in smaller bills and avoid giving 5000 RUB notes. Firstly: your driver might not have a change, secondly: you can end up with having a pale of fake money given to you as change.
- The driver will always appreciate a tip, but that's purely at your own discretion.
- Using a taxi in St Petersburg in Summer during the night - don't be alarmed if your driver will be taking a longer road. Consider the drawbridge factor and plan your timing and a trip accordingly. The trip from the popular Rubinsteina street to Vasiljevsky island (3 km) could take up to good 35-40 minutes via the Western bypass.
- There was a bad experience with advanced bookings on many occasions. The driver will simply not show up at the requested time. The applications designed the way to find you the closest to your car as soon as possible. That's the main point to have it. Ordering a vehicle for 03:15 am pickup will be at your own risk, especially on your way to the airport. The support desk will just apologize in case of no show and will assure you that it will not happen again.
- Use the Taxi App for short city trips, though the best way to experience St. Petersburg is by feet or on top of the hop-on-hop-off bus.
- Pre-book St.Petersburg Airport Transfer with an English-speaking driver from the relevant company and get a wealth of information and useful tips from the locals on your way to the accommodation or just have a pleasant chat. Being picked up right from the arrival hall by the transfer specialist will bring you much further than questionable savings and the transportation arrangements onsite.
The summary and all comments are strictly based on the experience of our customers. The taxi apps work well in Russia and there are many excellent drivers providing a great service every day. One just has to know how to use the apps and what to expect.
Using Yandex Taxi, Uber or Gett in St Petersburg - any major suggestions?
Always remember when using the Taxi App in St Petersburg:
- your smartphone must have an internet connection
- consider the number of passengers and luggage
- always enter pick-up and destination address prior to ride
- choose the correct side of the road in order to avoid lengthy u-turns
- consider the pickup spot where you can board the car comfortably
- it is a sign of good manners to shake the snow off your shoes before getting into the car
- you will be able to submit special requests, such as "strictly no smoking"
- don't take the cheapest option
- have small notes to pay cash
- having children below 7 y.o. - choose the "child" tariff or make sure that the child seat is provided
- the drivers don't speak English
- never argue with an angry driver
- the quality of the service will be below your expectations 8 times out of 10
- order the airport transfer from English-speaking taxi service provider instead of the Taxi App
To wrap up: stay wise and safe. Welcome to Russia!
Where to find and book the best taxi service in St Petersburg, Russia?
for all your St Petersburg taxi and transfers and choose what you need
. Most reliable taxi and transfer services in Saint-Petersburg city center and popular suburbs.
Is there a taxi rip-off or a taxi scam in St Petersburg?
It's very important to find a right, reliable and reputable taxi company in St Petersburg. Traveling this far? Going to Russia for the first time? Wondering about transportation services in St.Petersburg? Be well prepared and don't fall victim to a taxi scam at Pulkovo airport
. The most important point to always remember:
- Never! No under any circumstances talk, listen or approach a person at Pulkovo airport wearing the YELLOW ID CARD saying "OFFICIAL TAXI" or "OFFICIAL ST. PETERSBURG TAXI" or "OFFICIAL AIRPORT PULKOVO TAXI". NEVER!!!
- Never show them any of your transportation vouchers as they always will tell: "Yes, I'm your driver, let's go"!
- That personalities are always friendly and polite. They will offer you to make a phone call, show you the way to ATM or a toilet, but at the end of the day, the result will be always the same: they will offer you a ride for cheap, grab your suitcase and will never let you go your way!
- You will always be cheated and will always pay a fortune: 3-4-5-6 times more than the normal price of an airport transfer.
- Never hire an old black car with a yellow TAXI sign standing at the airport or city center. You will be cheated!
- Remember: if you find yourself at the hands of a fake taxi driver - never negotiate with them. Immediately call the police: 112 is an emergency number from any mobile phone.