Always remember while using St Petersburg Taxi APP:
Booking the taxi in Saint Petersburg while visiting Russia is easy, but take note that:
Some tourists are collecting relevant information from different internet resources, such as TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet, Facebook, Twitter, different travel blogs, etc. And some just want to use taxi APPs, such as UBER, GETT or local YANDEX Taxi. Most of the taxi APPs work well in Russia, but you have to always remember a few things in order to have access to the service, be safe and travel in comfort.
- Your smartphone must have an internet connection.
- Inform your bank that you're using your card for payments in Russia.
- Have small notes to pay cash, never pay with 5000 RUB bill.
- Consider the number of passengers and luggage.
- Always enter pick-up and destination address prior to the ride.
- Choose the correct side of the road in order to avoid lengthy u-turns.
- Consider the pick-up spot where you can board the car comfortably.
- It will be great to shake the snow, water, or mud off your shoes before getting into the car.
- You will be able to submit special requests, such as "strictly no smoking".
- Don't take the cheapest option. Questionable saving will not take you much further.
- Having children below 7 y.o. - choose the "child" tariff or make sure that the child seat is provided.
- The drivers don't speak English. No French, Italian, German or Spanish either. Some drivers can't even speak Russian.
- Never argue with an angry driver.
- The quality of the service will be below your expectations 8 out of 10.
- Order the airport transfer from an English-speaking service provider instead of the Taxi App.
Kindly keep in mind that most of the drivers operating budget taxis are smokers. The majority of the drivers are of former Eastern Republics origin and working around the clock. Be prepared to encounter a "smelly" experience and sometimes, even a roller-coaster ride. Most of the guys are coming from small villages and don't have enough experience for city driving. That's why we suggest not take the cheapest ride option offered.