Taxi and transfer service is covering the Central, Admiralteysky and Moskovsky Districts of Saint-Petersburg, Petrogradsky and Vasilyevsky Islands, Peterhof, Pushkin and Pavlovsk. There will be an extra surcharge applicable in the event of booking the ride to the distant areas.
"Meet-and-Greet" service by St. Petersburg Taxi Transfer Service at Pulkovo Airport, Train Stations, Cruise Ports and City Hotels. City sightseeing tours and chauffeur hire on hourly basis.
Some history of Helsinki:
In 1550, king Gustav VAZA of Sweden decided to establish a port face-to-face with Tallinn, a rival in trade relations with Russia. This is how Helsinki appeared, and June 12, the day of signing the decree, is considered the city's birthday. In 1641, in order to settle this area, the king ordered several hundred residents of small towns in the West Bank to move to a new location-the territory of the current urban area of Arabia. However, it turned out that the location was chosen unsuccessfully — the Harbor was too shallow, and as a result, the city was moved to the area of the current Kauppatori (Market square). So Helsinki was moved 5 km to the South, to the tip of the Estnes Peninsula. After that, the development of the city was significantly slowed down due to constant wars, plague and famine. In the period 1713-1721, Russian troops burned and occupied the enslaved, bloodless city twice. The expansion of the territory occupied by the city occurred in 1748 at the expense of the fortress of Sveaborg (fin) built by the Swedes on the Islands near Helsinki. - Suomenlinna), designed to protect the city from the sea. Turning Helsinki into a Western Bastion was also in the interests of king Louis XV of France, an ally of Turkey, at that time. During the war with Napoleon I of 1808/09, under the Treaty of Friedrichsgam, Sweden had to cede Finland to Russia, and as a result, Finland became an Autonomous Grand Duchy of Finland within the Russian Empire. On April 12, 1812, Emperor Alexander I declared the provincial Helsingfors the capital of the Grand Duchy of Finland. Finland's administrative independence allowed it to maintain a typically Northern administrative and legal system. This event was a big political step forward for Helsinki. The granting of independence to Finland was an exceptional case in the history of Russia. After this was established by the reconstruction Committee, which was headed by a military engineer Johan Albrecht Ehrenstrom. He had to rebuild the Grand capital of the Grand Duchy. In 1816, the German architect Karl Ludwig Engel, who worked in Russia, was invited to the post of architect of the Finnish capital. The development of the project was supervised by the Emperor Alexander I and his brother Nicholas, hence the noticeable similarity of the Central parts of Helsinki and St. Petersburg. From this time, the rapid organized development of the city begins. In the 1820s, Karl Ludwig Engel created a project for the development of the Central part of the city. As a result of its implementation, for example, the neoclassical ensemble Senaatintori (Senate square) with a magnificent Cathedral appeared. In 1827, the country's only University was moved from Turku to Helsinki. At the end of the XIX century, the small village became a modern European city. In the Crimean war of 1853-1856, Helsinki was shelled by an Anglo-French squadron, but it did not cause significant damage. Active development of the Peninsula began, primarily due to the construction of a railway in 1862 that connected it with the interior of the country — Helsinki, Riihimyake, and Tampere. Thanks to this, the Helsinki industry began to develop actively. And in 1870, there was a railway branch to St. Petersburg. With the accession of Finland to Russia, neoclassical architectural ensembles began to appear in the capital. In 1917, the Central Bank was located in The city. In addition, the leadership of the country's workers ' and democratic movement operated here. Helsinki became the main center of the revolutionary actions of 1905-1907, in particular in support of the Sveaborg uprising and later the Finnish revolution. Finland's independence was declared in December 1917-Helsinki became the capital of the Republic of Finland and the seat of the Secretariat of the world peace Council. After the Declaration of independence during the Finnish civil war, the city was occupied for some time by units of the Finnish red army, but as a result of the offensive of General Mannerheim from Vaasa, supported by German troops, the city came under the control of the bourgeois Finnish government. After the end of the civil war, the city continued to develop dynamically. Its territory expanded significantly, and new residential areas grew. Has become widely popular, for example, the garden city of Tapiola (fin. - Tapiola, Sweden. - Hagalund; administratively subordinate to Espoo). The beginning of the Russian-Finnish war (1939-1940) and its continuation (1941-1944) proved the courage of the Finns and the right of the young state to independence. Despite the serious damage caused to the city as a result of bombing by Soviet warplanes, Helsinki, along with London and Moscow, was the only European capital not occupied during the war that took part in the war. In the second half of the XX century, Helsinki became the center of international political life more than once. For example, many international forums were organized here: the world peace Assembly (1955), the world Congress for peace, national independence and General disarmament (1965), the Conference on security and cooperation in Europe (1975), the world conference for ending the arms race, for disarmament and detente (1976), the meeting dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the CSCE (1985), the summit of presidents Clinton and Yeltsin (1997), and many others. In 1952, Helsinki was awarded the honor of hosting the XV Olympic games. The city has gained international significance, and new hotels, shops, sports facilities and cultural facilities have appeared on its streets. After Finland joined the European Union in 1995, the capital occupied the external border of the European Union and the so-called Schengen area. In 2000, the representative of Finland became President of the European Union for the first time, and the European Council was held in Helsinki in December of the same year. In 2007, the city hosted the annual Eurovision song contest. In Finnish, the city has been officially called Helsinki since its Foundation (1550); in Swedish, it is still officially called Helsingfors. All other languages used the name Helsingfors for a long time (in Russian — Helsingfors) before Finland became independent (December 6, 1917). This is not surprising: until the end of the XIX century, the city was absolutely dominated by the Swedish population, although the city's population in 1880 was only 43 thousand people. Despite the formal subordination of the Russian Empire after 1809, the Swedish-Finnish nobility retained their power in Finland and for a long time preferred the Swedish language. In an effort to reduce dependence on Sweden, the Russian authorities stimulated the development of the Finnish language, and the intensive migration of rural Finns to the city quickly changed the demographic and language balance in the city in favor of Finns. After 1917, the Finnish name Helsinki was used. On Soviet maps of the 20s and early 30s, there was a distorted name — gelsinki (it is also used in modern Ukrainian). However, the Swedish minority in the capital remains today (6.2% of the city's population), and Swedish has the official status on a par with Finnish.